Born To Be A Movie Reviewer

Finally. At Last. A real place you can come to get REAL movie reviews. Don't trust what others say about a movie? Well you shouldn't. You should trust me.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sherlock Holmes


Watched with: My Snooqums @ Cathay EHub (26/12)
Snacks: None
Genre: Action / Adventure

"Elementary my dear Watson."

The year is 1891 and London is overrun with crime.
In the middle of it is Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Jr.), inventor and investigator. Accompanying him is his trusted partner Dr. John Watson (Jude Law) who more often than not saves Holmes' skin.

After the black-magic practitioner Lord Blackwood (Mark Strong) is caught and executed, Watson decides it is time to retire and settle down with his fiance Mary Morstan (Kelly Reilly) much to the dismay of Holmes.
But when the mysterious Lord Blackwood seems to rise from the grave, Watson is forced to rejoin his partner-in-crime-solving.

And when an old flame of Holmes', Irene Adler (Rachel McAdams) suddenly reappears during investigations, things are afoot.

I'll be honest I was really disappointed.
One of the first books I ever read was the Sherlock Holmes tale "The Hound of the Baskervilles" and it was great.
But this so called 'new-age' Sherlock Holmes is really crappy.
Yeah sure Robert Downey Jr. gave us a new type of hero with Iron Man but I think that they could have just left Holmes alone.
It's a pity Mark Strong had to waste his talent in such a pointless role.

And to make things worse - there'll surely be a sequel.

Give this one a miss please.

PS he didn't even say "Elementary my dear Watson."!!!
How can he not say "Elementary my dear Watson."?!?!?

Final Verdict:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home