Born To Be A Movie Reviewer

Finally. At Last. A real place you can come to get REAL movie reviews. Don't trust what others say about a movie? Well you shouldn't. You should trust me.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Thor

Watched With: Nobody @ Cathay Cineleisure (29/04)
Snacks: Green Tea
Genre: Action / Adventure
Hidden Scene: Yes. After the credits.

 Under the 'Bo Pian Act'.

Asgard is ruled with a mighty fist by Odin the Allfather (Anthony Hopkins) with his hopes that his two sons - Thor the God of Thunder (Chris Hemsworth) and Loki the Trickster God (Tom Hiddleston) may one day carry on the glorious reign of their realm and protect it from the Frost Giants led by King Laufey (Colm Feore).

But a traitor seems to be plotting and Thor is cast out from Asgard and sent to Earth as a punishment.
There he meets scientists Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), Erik Selvig (Stellan SkarsgÄrd) and Darcy Lewis (Kat Dennings).

When the traitor executes his plan, it is up to Thor and his friends Sif (Jaimie Alexander), Hogun (Tadanobu Asano), Fandral (Josh Dallas), Volstagg (Ray Stevenson) and Heimdall (Idris Elba) to keep not only Asgard but all the realms safe.

In the mean time, Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg) of S.H.I.E.L.D is still running about trying to gather all the information he can get for Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson).

Well I'll tell you what kiddies.
This was just a filler movie. Seriously.
If you're a fan of comic-book superheroes (like myself) then you'll have no choice but to watch this movie because we all know it's leading up to the big Avengers movie in 2012.

Sure the girls will go ga-ga over Chris Hemsworth and all that but this movie was a bit too special-effects laden.
I watched the Digital showing and I can't imagine if I had caught the 3D version.
And for the record - I think Kenneth Branagh was the wrong choice for this movie.

Well anyways go watch for a weekend show if you're in the mood.
I won't say it was a very bad movie but I guess I just expected more.

And of course there were plenty of references to the rest of the Avengers here.
Iron-Man. Hulk. You can even spot Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) in there.

Someone let me know if the 3D version was any good okay.

Final Verdict:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home