Born To Be A Movie Reviewer

Finally. At Last. A real place you can come to get REAL movie reviews. Don't trust what others say about a movie? Well you shouldn't. You should trust me.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Watched With: 731 SIR @ GV Vivo City (22/05)
Snacks: Hotdog Combo
Genre: Action / Adventure / Comedy

Shiver me timbers.

Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) is back.
This time he is on the quest for the Fountain of Youth which is also being sought after by the Spanish, old foe Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) and fearsome pirate Blackbeard (Ian McShane).

Joining him on this quest is old flame Angelica Malon (Penélope Cruz) who is as much a pirate as she is a gentleman (does that even make sense?!).

So onwards they go to a journey of mermaids and danger at every turn.

Will Captain Jack get the better of his enemies this time?
Arr mateys tune in to find out.

Okay first let me say that you do not need to watch the first 2 installments of the 'Pirates' series to know what is going on in this movie (God knows I didn't) because this is more than a spin-off.
And as someone who does not enjoy this particular nonsense series, I'm going to go ahead and say this movie sucks.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why people like this movie so much.
Yeah sure maybe swashbuckling adventure for the kids.
But everyone else? Seriously?
And it can't be Johnny Depp's looks because he looks like shit as a pirate.
And yes sure he is charming but surely there are a large number of you, like me, who is irritated by this 'Jack Sparrow' character.

If they wanted to name him after a bird - i recommend 'Jack Cock'.

Final Verdict: Worth $0.00 out of a $10 ticket
(I only watched it because it was my unit cohesion)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home