Born To Be A Movie Reviewer

Finally. At Last. A real place you can come to get REAL movie reviews. Don't trust what others say about a movie? Well you shouldn't. You should trust me.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

X-Men: First Class Digital

Watched With: My Snooqums @ The Grand Cathay (12/06)
Snacks: Hotdog Combo
Genre: Superhero / Action

I'm confused. But it's okay.

Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) and Erik Lehnsherr (Michael Fassbender) are two different individuals with very similar paths.
As powerful mutants, it is their destiny t shape the future of mankind.

Leading a team of young mutants learning to control their powers is no easy task.
It is up to Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Angel (Zoë Kravitz), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Banshee (Caleb Landry Jones), Darwin (Edi Gathegi) and Havok (Lucas Till) to find it within themselves to face their enemies. And themselves.

Sebastian Shaw (Kevin Bacon) with right-hand woman Emma Frost (January Jones) and henchmen Riptide (Álex González) and Azazel (Jason Flemyng) are bent on starting World War III and ensuring the rise of mutant-kind.
And it is up to the X-Men to stop them.

Well I tell you what.
I guess this movie was actually pretty good. On its own.

I had a lot of people say to me "Wow now I know the story behind the X-Men" and I guess that movie does show that but if were a comicbook fan then perhaps you may spots the obvious differences. (Moira MacTaggert is a CIA agent? Really??)
But I won't go into that. I think not many people know that I'm a huge X-Men fan from my comicbook collecting days.

And I also won't go into the digs at the previous movies (like cameos by Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Romijn)

What I will say is that Michael Fassbender made a very convincing show as Magneto.

And I know people like Mr-Jab and Mr-Dopamine-Dreamer will be able to appreciate the cameos put in by old timers like Rade Serbedzija, Ray Wise and Michael Ironside.

So this was pretty good movie overall.
A different direction from the first few movies but good nonetheless.

Final Verdict: Worth $8.00 out of a $10 ticket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home